Monday, February 22, 2016

Valentine's Sales Numbers (FBA)

This is the first year that I really made a plan to list things with Valentine's Day in mind. In past years things are usually really slow between January and about Mid March. So, I thought I would try out some Valentine's Bundles and see how they did, and boy, am I glad that I did!


I forgot to take a screen shot of my Valentine's sales, but here is my Amazon FBA sales information from January 1st- when my first Valentine's Shipment went live to February 11th, when my sales dropped significantly (which I expected with Amazon prime's two day shipping)


As you can see, definite improvement from last year's sales and numbers! 

Here's what I posted to my Bundles Facebook group  a few days before Valentine's Day 


and I actually did end up selling out of all but one of my 24 bundles! The bundle that did not sell out I only had 3 of to begin with and it was a paper good item that was really best for a classroom party or party at home and it got checked into the warehouse too late for people to purchase it in time. I was able to sell one before time ran out, I will leave it and it will be ready for next year. 

I have been busy this week purchasing items for Valentine's Day next year and I plan on getting them all sent in by the first week of January next year. I picked up a bulk order I ordered online for Easter that filled up the entire back of my SUV (and my children may or may not have also been surrounded by a few boxes :) I've also been cleaning, organizing and purging a lot of stuff in my metal shop building so that hubby could work on finishing insulation in the ceiling. We were able to get about half of one side done today (which only leaves about 1/3 left to do!) Tomorrow we are supposed to go get some more metal shelving from my parents (they used to own a lumber yard when I was a kid and they still have all of the metal adjustable shelving they are going to give to me!) The area I am working on now will hold ebay inventory waiting to to be photographed and listed and also bundle inventory I am holding for next year. I cannot wait to have some shelves to put things on and have room to walk again. 
So, this week's plan is Easter Bundles (which I hope to have bundled, listed and on their way to Amazon by March 1st) photographing 50 items for ebay and listing 10 items a day for ebay. We'll see how that goes. 

Later in the week I will post information about the class I took to learn about bundling. 

Hope you have a profitable and productive week!





3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about these 'bundles'!!!
    I don't quite understand what a 'bundle' is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I love reading your posts! Can't wait for you to post information about the bundling class. I thought about focusing on that in order to stand out from the crowd. You are definitely an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! I love bundles b/c you can create something different, even if a lot of other people have the same item.

      Delete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...