Friday, February 19, 2016

Quarter 4 Results

I posted yesterday about how life and work has been too busy to do much blog writing and today I'm going to share with you my numbers, so you can see just how busy I was!

I wrote up approx 100 new listings on Amazon for Christmas and sent in approx 2,000 items some of which didn't sell, or which where not specifically for Christmas. I also listed approx 100 new items on Ebay/Etsy. 
 I spent roughly $1806.00 on Amazon inventory, $84 on ebay inventory and $15 on Etsy inventory $24 on packing tape, $145 on shipping/packing boxes, $100 on polybags, some of which I am still using. I sold mostly bundles and I was able to send some of the bundles that didn't sell back and revamp them for Valentine's day. I will post my Valentine's Numbers next week. 

Etsy and Ebay sales were also way up!  Between Amazon, Etsy and Ebay I was able to more than triple my best sales month from last year. I am very excited about the opportunities bundling has opened up for my business, and I am hoping to triple my sales again for next year. Right now the only thing holding me back is not being able to get more inventory sent in time for the selling season. I have a few plans in place to make that easier for next year- one of which is getting my processing center out of our living room and into my shop! 


I started out getting enough supplies for 3-4 bundles, but for Christmas and Valentine's upped it to 6-9 and from here on out I will only purchase items that will make 12 or more bundles. By next Christmas I hope to be able to purchase a lot of bundle items in bulk, and make 50-100 of the same bundles at a time. It takes the same amount of time to write up a listing for one item or 100 items, so I'm trying to make better use of my limited time!



8 comments:

  1. Wow! So happy all your hard work is paying off. You are truly an amazing Mom, Wife and Business lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    Those are awesome numbers!! Good for you! Thanks for sharing! I was curious--- what packing tape do you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using the tape from the Dollar Tree, but my USPS and UPS people were complaining. I started using a brand off of Amazon a few months ago and love it. You can find it in my new products I recommend page- to the right of the blog, under my picture or here's the link. http://www.grannyshoard.blogspot.com/p/products-i-recommend.html
      It's nice and thick and doesn't peel off, even when it sits outside on my porch for most of the day.

      Delete
    2. Awesome--- I'll have to check that out-- thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Loved your post! Very encouraging! Where did you learn to create bundles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love this bundle program and it's creator. I have a blog post coming up about it this week- here's the website
      katharyne.com/bundle/

      Delete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...