Saturday, May 24, 2014

No garage sale today



I was so happy that I was able to get my car at 4:00 yesterday. The littles and I were all excited and packed up to go to the garage early this morning. Then my mom called me last night to let me know that the river was rising and that it was expected to be 7 foot over the bridge we needed to drive on in the morning.

Ugh, the thought of another flood makes my stomach hurt! Please pray for all of the people who live along the South Platte river in Colorado. Many families have just been able to get in and start repairing things from the flood last September. My parents live right on the river (high enough not be affected by the other flood) but one of their neighbors just moved from their motorhome into their new modular house last week, and several others have had their old homes bulldozed this week. They were just starting to rebuild their lives and homes and now the water is rising again. It's possible the flooding could be worse than last time, as there is so much gravel and damage from the other flood that there is not as much room for the water to go in the river before it goes out of its bank.

So our plans now involve heading to town early this morning to stock up on baby food and formula. Then I will come home and work on listing some of my old garage sale finds. My family is fine and in no danger from the flood water, but we could get stuck like we did last time and no have any roads open to get food etc without a 3-5 hour detour. We went from severe drought the last few years to way too much water! Hope the weather is cooperating more where you live!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! stay safe :( bummer about the yard sale but at least its still relatively early in the season. We haven't had flooding lately but Hurricane Sandy shut us all down for about a week :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..that's awful. Hope it turned out not to be too bad? I don't watch much tv or listen to the news so I don't know. How's it feel to be a SAHM??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for calm weather and receding waters for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...