Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Listing Strategies

I always like to read how other people handle the most important part and more time consuming part of an online selling business- listing!

I know that everyone has their own system, but here is the one that works best for me.

For Clothing:
fill laundry basket with clothing items from my shop (or more ideally fresh from the thrift store ie: fill the basket straight from the car) bring it in and place next to my recliner in the living room.  After kiddos and hubby go to bed (I make too many mistakes when people talk to me in the middle of listing) I start writing up my listings for items, measuring etc while everything is next to me and easily accessible. I put everything in the listing except for the photos. I usually save them as a draft on my ebay selling page, but recently lost 15 listings that way, so I am looking into turbolister or inkfrog to handle that better.  Once I have approx 50 listings ready to go (or my basket is done) I take them out to my shop and get the photos taken. Then as each photo loads onto my computer ( I use an Eye-fi card, saves tons of time, another post, another time) I edit the photos, (pic monkey) resize, and then put in the listing. I can get about 50 listings a week up that way, if I have about 5 hours during the week to work. I usually try to work out in my shop to keep the ebay clutter out of the house, but with the two littles and hubby and I not having much time to spend together right now, this is working for me, and the basket keeps the clutter a little more under control.


For dishware:
Here is my best tip for dinnerware. I take one photo that has the tape measure in the photo and one that has a paper with how many I have in stock. I also take a picture of the back to get as much info as I can.  This way, while I am in the house working I have all of the information I need without having to write down a bunch of stuff, just a few extra minutes for photos and I'm all set.


I don't have a system for the other items I sell, but hopefully you found something that was helpful.  
Happy listing!

update: I listed the 50 new items yesterday and have already sold 10 items, all from the new listings, less than 24 hours later. It's true, the more you list the more you sell.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa, I love the basket idea. I need all the organizing tips for listing I can get...LOL
    Hope ya have tons of sells!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...