Friday, August 2, 2013

BOLO: g diapers

Sweet baby girl has had some issues with being allergic to every kind of disposable diaper known to man. Little man had similar issues, but we were able to use diapers.com diapers for him. They must have changed the recipe or she's allergic to different things, because we had a very bad diaper rash for almost a month while trying to find something that would work.

I had looked into cloth diapers before she was born, but since they were so expensive and we have a septic tank and can't flush the disposable liners, I figured they were more work than I could handle with working full time.


I finally gave in and bought some gdiapers.  She no longer has diaper rash and they have been working really well for us.  I bought a few cloth liners to try, but have been sewing my own to save some money.  Since she is finally (yay) gaining weight, she only used the size small for a few weeks. I knew from looking for used ones on ebay that they would have a good resale value.  (They usually sell within a few dollars of new ones, or sometimes even more than new ones!)  I cleaned them up and am getting ready to list them. I will keep you updated on how they do.

If you're out and about at the thrift store or garage saling, be sure to keep an eye out for cloth diapers and their components, they are a real BOLO!

I paid $25.00 for two diaper covers from my local grocery store- simply because we needed them that day. I bid on some online after that.
Here are a few recent gdiaper sales from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Small-Gdiapers-/130947104245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7d0e3df5


http://www.ebay.com/itm/gDiapers-Little-gPants-Size-Medium-Pink-Gs-/111116607010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19df10de22

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Medium-gDiapers-gPants-With-Snap-In-Liners-Pink-and-Red-/281137250957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417516028d

happy hunting!


2 comments:

  1. The liners or the covers? Because 2nd hand diapers technically aren't supposed to be on ebay I'm just not sure what the policy encompasses since I have never sold any and I don't cloth diaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know how much all cloth diapers go for on Ebay because I tried buying them there, LOL! I have never seen any at a yard sale or thrift store, though. I'll definitely keep my eye out in the future, though! (I have been lucky enough to score two gdiapers on Freecycle, though! I'm saving them for when we get to adopt a newborn soon)

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...