Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words

A few weeks back I was working on editing my photos and getting very frustrated with the quality and the lighting of my photos even after I edited them.  I have 3 overhead lights in my ebay room, and white walls, but no natural light. So I was using a double headed shop light I got at big lots for $25 for my "photo" lighting and it wasn't working so well. It looked like this, but had a taller stand so it was off the ground.
I was getting too many shadows and it was hard to take the photos standing directly behind it. 
Here's an example of one of my photos, before editing it 


another photo after editing
not that bad, but not great either. 

So I finally decided to bite the bullet and get a good lighting set. I figured the time I spent trying to doctor up the old photos would be saved and I would be able to make more money by listing more. 

So I ordered these on Amazon for only $45. 
Can I just say, why didn't I do this sooner?  Not that much more money, used my prime membership and got them within two days or ordering. They were very easy to put together and are already saving me so much time! 

I think that photos are the most important thing for your listing. They give the buyer the information they need so much more than the words, because as we all know, most buyers don't read the listing very well anyway. 
My advice if you are holding off on getting good photo lighting, just do it, you'll be so happy you did! 

Photo I took just now, without any editing, using just my new photo lighting.

Let there be light!




1 comment:

  1. Nice! I have been taking a lot of photos outside lately, but I know I can't continue doing that through the winter.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...