Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What happened to my productive summer?

Umm... yeah so the summer is really flying by much too quicky. I'm not sure that I am going to be able to reach my goal of having 800 items listed by the end of the summer. June disappeared in a haze of doctor visits, swimming lessons, shopping and trying to keep my head above water on the housework. Didn't work out so well on that last one.

I am still trying to list everyday and get a little bit of organization in my shop, so when it stars to be crazy time I won't have a mental breakdown trying to find everything.  I'm not looking forward to going back to work full time either. It's helped that my boss "resigned" and we now have a new and hopefully better principal. But I still wish I could stay at home. I'll keep working on it.

This week has not been so good on the billfold. Two days ago I discovered that the load of clothes in the dryer that I had been drying for over 2 hours still wasn't dry. Hubby pulled it out to discover that the heating element was shot. We wanted to get the stackable washer and dryer when we needed to replace them, to give us more room and a place to store the vaccum, besides in the middle of the living room. So, we dropped almost $1900.00 at the store, but luckily got it on the Fourth of July sale, and they were delivered and hooked up free of charge, Love that! I'm in the middle of prewashing the washing machine (really?) and then I will give it a whir and see how the new one works.

But, the new washer and dryer means that the budget will be tight for a few more months until I get my full time pay check in September. We can do it, right!?!

I'll give you an update tomorrow to let you know why I've been such a bad blogger and not posting more. I'll give you a hint.


until tomorrow. . . .


1 comment:

  1. I have not listed one thing since the kids got out of school. I've been to a couple garage sales with the kids but the want to keep everything. I can't hide it, like I normally would :) Today will be the start of my listing again.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...