Friday, July 13, 2012

the answer is. . .I don't know

The question I have been getting from everyone for the last two weeks, when they have seen my with my right arm in a sling has been this:
What happened to your arm?

To which I have to reply:  I don't know exactly, my doctor thinks I sneezed too hard and seperated the cartlidge in my collarbone. He says I need to not use it for a few weeks. 


I assure you Granny's Hoard readers, this is a true story.


I've discovered there are lots of things I am not good at doing with my left hand.
  •  picking up my 3 year old 
  •  pushing a shopping cart, without groceries, let alone with
  • cutting things on a paper cutter, or with scissors
  • feeding myself
  • listing items to sell online
  •  garage saling
  • typing blog posts (this one took me almost an hour)
  • taking photos for said blog with digital camera (therefore no pathetic photos of me with my sling and superman fleece neck saver)
  • pulling up my own pants. . . thankfully little one was potty trained in March and now is able to help me go to the bathroom- really people does it get any more embarrasing than this?
I'm so over it!

Next week I can start trying to use it again.

I CANNOT wait.

Thanks for letting me vent-
Melissa

P.S.  Three years ago I also did this to my left arm. It took almost 3 years for it to stop hurting. It would be fine for a while, then all of a sudden act up again- for another 2-3 weeks in a sling.


 My advice to you- sneeze very carefully!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...