Monday, June 4, 2012

Stop Crampin' my style!

Once upon there was a girl who liked to sell and sell and sell. But in order to sell she needs to box and photograph and list and pack and organize. She does this best in her shop, across the driveway when the rest of her family is sleeping and it's dark outside. Too dark to see little creepy crawling things like these  . . .
We have found 3 rattlesnakes in our yard this week. One was under the step my son and I were standing on to get into the house. My two year old said " Look mommy, there's a snake under there."
I thought he was kidding, until I took a closer look. So, I grabbed him, quickly and literally threw him over the threshold and jumped over the step myself to get into the house. 
Since that incident, my hubby has declared a curfew at our house. No one outside really early in the morning or after dusk, and extra care at other times. No more little one playing on the cement outside my shop while I work, no more open doors so I can get my wireless internet in my shop and no more staying up late working in my shop.

And while I appreciate the thought and I'm fine with it because I am very scared of any kind of snake-it's really crampin' my style, I do my best work from midnight until about 3 am.

 I will be making a new plan of attack until snake season is over, which is hopefully soon!



2 comments:

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...