Saturday, March 17, 2012

BIG mess revealed

ok, so here it is. I'll admit that these are pictures of my "craft room" after I've already put in about 12 hours of work on it and thrown away 2 dumpsters and my husband's dump trailer full.

I think you'll see why my blog is named Granny's Hoard. :) (although maybe I should call it my hoard!)

This is the view as you walk in the front door. I got this huge cabinet from the same store that was closing down. It used to hold the soda dispenser and coffee. It's really deep and is just the right height for me to work at. I think it will be great in my room with shipping supplies underneath and postal scales on top, with enough room for packing up orders. When I started cleaning a few days ago I could take about one step inside. My hubby likes to do the drop and run when I send him out there with something. :) As in drop the box as soon as you open the door and run away before your wife finds out.
 back wall from front door view. It's my furniture wall, or wall of furniture.  I have a lot of ideas for all of these chairs and other furniture. Painted furniture and chairs sell well at our retail shop, but we haven't been open very much lately. My mom isn't able to help as much as she used too. I'm thinking about just making it a seasonal shop and being open from Nov-Dec, February, Mother's Day etc. It's just too much work with my teaching job, little one, and ebay is much more profitable, soon I won't have to wasite gas driving there  (and less time away from home)
these are the candle screens from our wedding 6 years ago. Since our retail shop sells flowers and does other people's weddings from time to time, I did all of my own decorating. I found these at Hobby Lobby, they were a horrible bright turqoise. It took a lot of ivory spray paint to get them ready for the wedding, but they were beautiful. I was planning on renting them out for weddings from our shop, but haven't gotten around to it. I am thinking about just selling all of the wedding stuff on craisglist and just be done with it. This is where my new room will be from about the yellow ladder to a little bit to the right of this photo.
See why I need sturdier shelves? I got into too big of a hurry and told hubby they didn't need more brackets. I was very very wrong! So, now I have to take everything down, install another set of racks and brackets and then put stuff back up. Once I purge and reorganize this area it should be great for ebay stuff. I am planning on this side of the building for the ebay part and the other side for my craft stuff. One thing I always have issues with, what to store on the top shelf that's light and I won't need very often?  I'm too lazy to get the huge ladder out all of the time. And I'm really klutzy and usually just end up hurting myself trying to get something down.

 This is by the front door and where I plan on moving my amazon books and hopefully some toys also. I need to get some sheets or shower curtains to throw over the shelves to make sure they stay dust free. The wind blows a lot by our house and even our inside doors get sand blown under them.

This isn another view of where my new room will be, once I move all of that stuff.
Included in the pile are vintage roller skates, a band saw, tubs full of teaching materials,
Oh what have I gotten myself into!

Let's just call this one avalanche corner.
Looking at this in a photograph makes me want to hyperventilate.
It's mostly a lot of my personal teaching stuff that I can't store at school, and crafting supplies. Also a bunch of old doors my dad and I got at an auction for less than $1 a piece!
The plan is to put most of my crafting supplies on this side. Hopefully on the large H rack in the back, but we'll see.

So, there it is, my huge mess for all of blogland to see. (I'm offically mortified)
I'll probably post some more pictures tomorrow, and hopefully have some more progress to show. Hubby said he'd help carry some more trash for a while. That will help save me time and make it easier for me to still be able to stand upright tomorrow, tonight my back is killing me!

Wish me luck, and if I go missing, start digging in the avalanche corner!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you're brave to actually show pics. It looks like the corner of my garage where I have my eBay boxes and "treasures". Can't wait to see the after pics. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...