Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's with the lowball offers?

This has been a week for me and lowball offers.
I've had some Dark Vanilla Perfume listed for a couple of weeks.
Within a day I sold it to a lady in Canada. But, she didn't read the listing well, and ended up not wanting to pay the import cost, so I cancelled it for her.

So I relisted last week for $65. Amazon has it listed at $120. I figured that I would be willing to go down to $50.
A few days later I got an offer for $20.  Seriously? I thought that was a low ball offer, but then a few days later I got this...
an $18.00 dollar offer - I thought surely this would be the lowest one, but no!
at the end the weekI got an offer for $15.  Seriously people? I'll keep it for that- even though I can't wear it due to my son's asthma. Even my hubby got a laugh on this one, and he doesn't usually get ebay humor.
Then, this morning,. . . hallelujah! SOLD for $65, FULL ASKING price!
Yea! It pays to wait for the right buyer.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were able to get your asking price in the end! I know what you mean- consitantly no matter what the item or the price- I keep getting offers for $10.00.

    I think that is insane on some things considering most of the time they are asking for well over $20.00 off the price.

    But I guess I am glad to hear I was not the only one going through that issue.

    Danelle (also known as "the other half)
    http://lifeinthesetimes-markeagleone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...