Sunday, June 15, 2014

The accidental yard sale

So, Saturday was supposed to be a yard sale free day for me. My son's birthday is next week and we decided to go on an outing with our close family to celebrate.  So, no yard sales for me, or so I thought.
We had to drive about an hour to a bigger city to go to our outing spot and along the way my mother in law got lost. So we pulled over the the side of the street waiting for her to catch up, when I glanced over and what did I see~ you got it, a yard sale!  So, since we had 10 minutes or so to wait for her to catch up and I had my emergency yard sale money in the car (don't leave home without it!) I decided it wouldn't hurt to take a look.

Here's what I found.


I paid $17 for everything. Three pair of Dr Martins, 1 pair of Born Sandals, and 1 pair Ropers cowboy rainboots for $3 each. Lots of clothes for baby girl for .25 each and a toy for either baby girl or a toy lot to sell. Not bad for 10 minutes work on the way to a birthday party! Hoping to make roughly $230 on the shoes.


Then it was on to the birthday party, where little man had an awesome time!
Love my job.





2 comments:

  1. Yes, we must break for yard sales! :) Nice finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew...thank goodness you found it, you might have gone into a deep depression.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...