Friday, June 27, 2014

FBA Friday Series #3: Sending in your first FBA shipment- Split Shipments

Now you're ready to fill your first FBA box. I suggest starting small until you get the hang of it. I started with a small box of about 10 items. The easiest items to ship are those that are already fully enclosed, things in boxes with UPC codes on the outside, etc.

There are two ways to add items to your FBA account. I currently use the scan and ship method, as it cuts down on how many warehouses you have to ship to. But it's easier to do with a scanner, so I will show you the otherway for now. (Sorry, I can't remember right now what it's called.) Please be kind to me, I have not done it this way since they changed the format, so I am trying to figure out the new way for you! I am more familiar with the scan and ship method and I will show you the scan and ship later.

1. log in to your seller account.
2. under the inventory tab at the top left, choose Manage Inventory

3. Find and item you'd like to ship to FBA and select action-change to fulfilled by Amazon

4.  Then choose continue with convert
5. choose continue to shipping plan 


6. continue adding products until you have filled your box, by selecting products from your inventory

you then choose continue on the right hand bottom of the screen

7. there will be prep guidelines to help your package your items correctly, as well as a place to say if you want to label your items, or Amazon to, it costs more to have Amazon do it, so choose merchant labels. 

8. when you are all done and ready to label the items for your shipment, choose print labels for this page. This will print all of your labels for your items that are ready to ship.Place the labels on your  items, be sure to cover the original UPC code. Also double check to make sure you have removed the original price sticker-seems simple, but when you are processing a lot of inventory, it can be easy to miss! 

This next part is why I choose to do scan and ship instead of this way.  This is where all of your items will be divided to go to different warehouses. You can either put them into a shipment that has already been created or put them into a new shipment. When you are done choose approve shipments at the bottom right. Now you are ready to weigh, and measure your boxes and print your labels to ship. 

This post is getting a little long, so I will continue with how to weigh and print labels for your shipment next week. I hope this is making sense, it seems complicated here, but I promise, after you do it a few times it will get easier. I didn't read anything before I tried it the first time, I just got on and started clicking on things until I figured it out. If you try and need help, please feel free to contact me, or leave a comment and I will help you if I can. Amazon also provides really great step by step directions in their help section! 







2 comments:

  1. this is fantastic. I went ahead and already sent a few shipments....and I ended up calling Amazon at least 4 times. :/ This is super helpful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you originally wrote these posts, I skipped over them as I wasn't ready for FBA yet. I currently have 28 listings via MF. Based on your post, I'm thinking that maybe I'll convert them to FBA to get my feet a little wet. Thanks for writing these posts! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...