Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Life unexpected

Well dear thrifty friends, let me tell you what a curveball life has thrown me lately.
Here is a quick recap of my life since March.
March 20th- baby girl born via c section, serious complications to follow for me
April 9th- I get a call from my school where I have taught kindergarten (my only teaching job, ever)  for 9 years, and am informed I will be moving to 3rd grade (say what !?!)
April 19th, baby girl hospitalized with the flu
May 17th Baby girl has the flu again, along with mommy, daddy, 3 yr old brother (who threw up in the middle of his preschool program) granny, grandpy and uncle
May-10th I decide to start looking for a different job
May 17th-30th- job interviewing and packing up 9 years worth of kindergarten teaching stuff - it took 9 truck loads to get it all out!
End of May, I have a new job teaching kindergarten in a different district, but now have trainings and lots of meetings to attend- so long to maternity leave,
 also baby girl has not regained weight she lost after the flu, and continues to lose weight (1-2 ounces every couple of days!)
Beginning of June, baby girl visits doctor every few days, several visits to children's hospital and lots of tests
End of June Baby girl has one more chance to gain weight or admitted to hospital. . .  she gained 11 ounces in 4 days! looks like just the lingering effects from the flu

It has been a very emotional and trying time. There were many days I just sat and cried all day long. I know it was partly the hormones and lack of sleep. But I had not ever planned on leaving my old school until I retired, but obviously God has other plans for me, and I guess it took something drastic to get me to move from where I was.

Things have calmed down finally.
Baby girl is finally doing fine and has gained weight 2 weeks in a row, she weighs 12 pounds right now, but should be at 15 or 16, so we continue several feedings all night long, even though we basically have to force her to eat.

I cannot tell you how grateful I was to have my online selling. I was fully prepared to make selling online work as my full time job if need be even as the hospital bills that neither my regular insurance or our gap insurance will cover. There were also days that listing felt like the only thing I could have control over in my life. I knew that I could list and that would translate into money for my family. I am so sad that my maternity leave was taken away from me with stress and almost 3 weeks of packing, interviewing, etc. I just wanted to be home with my kiddos and enjoy them for the few months that I could before having to return to work.

So, please forgive me for being absent lately. Also, I would really appreciate a pep talk for those of you who have been able to quit your day job to stay home with your kiddos. I know that there are moms out there who do it, but my hubby doesn't seem to think that it can be done. I have 22 days until I return to work at my new district. Please, tell me your story in the comment section, I would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...