Monday, July 15, 2013

How to find time for ebay with 2 small children

I was fortunate enough to be able to take maternity leave from March until the end of the school year with the arrival of our new little one. After the complications for both baby and I, I am so glad I did.

Once little one got into somewhat of a pattern I worked on getting a schedule that will allow for me to use my time "off" to it's best advantage. Since I am at home right now, and am having to take $300 off of each of my normal summer paychecks to cover the 5 extra days I needed for maternity leave, Hubby feels that I should have the house all clean and the laundry done, dinner on the table, etc. I am fine with this as I feel that my job is taking care of our home and our kids right now. But I must confess, and as you probably can guess from the pictures I've shown you of my ebay space, housekeeping is not my strong point. But I am working on it.

I always wonder how other ebayers shedule their days to be the most productive and still get things done around the house that they need to.

This is the schedule we have been running off of for about a month and it's working pretty well. But, let me forewarn you, I'm running on not much sleep right now, especially since little one lost so much weight from being sick and we are having to basically force feed her to help her gain the weight back. So, I am feeding her more often than 3 month olds might usually do. And in case this is your first time here, I have a four year old and a 3 month old.

5:00 am - 7:00 Feed baby, little one up (7) , breakfast,
7:00-9:00 free play time for little man, baby play time/tummy time, nap, Mommy start load of laundry/fold 1 basket of laundry, empty dishwasher, meds/vitamins/brush teeth for little man, sweep entryway/kitchen/
other chores as needed, check email, put dinner in crockpot or start thawing meal from once a month cooking
9:00-9:30 Feed Baby
9:30-10:00 outside play time for little man, nap for baby and Mommy sometimes sits at table checking email, or listing while watching little man play, or Mommy and baby play with little man
10-11 Little Man "school time"/snack (Hey, I'm a teacher, I can't help myself, we usually work on reviewing rhyming, letters, and some beginning reading as well as a math everyday and once or twice a week a science of social studies activity. He begs me for it, otherwise I wouldn't force him to do it. And I use a lot of ideas and supplies from my supply of teacher stuff, so I don't spend a lot of time making new things just for him)
11-12 little man free play time baby playtime or nap, mommy house chores and getting lunch ready
12-1:00 mommy and little man lunch
1:00 little man quiet reading or craft time, feed baby
1:45 little man nap time, baby play time, mommy (phone calls, bill paying, book keeping, homework)
2:30-4:00 mommy ebay time usually photographing or packing orders, baby nap
4:00 or so, little man up, tv time, mommy/little man time/ start dinner, baby still napping
5:00 feed baby
5:30-7:00 Daddy's home (only M and W, he has a welding business and lawn mowing business on the side so he works extra the other nights) Family dinner, then Daddy time with kiddos, Mommy out to shop to work
8:00 bed time for little man
9:00 mommy back inside to feed baby
10:00-2 am mommy ebay time
2 am- Feed Baby/ then mommy to sleep
5 am Start all over again (hopefully baby sleeps until then, otherwise Daddy gets up and takes care of her until 5)

I don't think that I could keep this schedule forever, but once baby is able to sleep thru the night again, I could stay up until 1 am or so and get back up at 5am and be good. If I get really tired I will occassionally take an hour or so nap when the kiddos do. I am really motivated to get my online thing really going, so for right now I don't mind missing some sleep.

What does your schedule look like?  Do you work full time at home, or outside of the home?  Please share, I'd love to see how you make it all work!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! On the plus side you are blessed to have your older still take a nap....our 2 yr old is *done* (plus he's super active cant take your eyes off him) ebay is like 9-12 ish for me. Oh and I had a good LOL about the house being clean etc etc etc bc your home nod that's not my strong suit...layup sounds like my house :(

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...