Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's getting closer

It's getting closer for a lot of things.

my ebay room:


lots of progress made there this weekend. One more coat of drywall compound and then we can paint.  I found out today that we won't be working on it next weekend, because hubby and little one are taking me away for Mother's day weekend. They won't tell me where they are taking me. I'm very excited for a weekend away!

After Mother's Day we only have 3 days of school left with kiddos and then another 4 for inservice, and then probably another 2-3 of packing up my room, and then blessed summer vacation!

I cannot wait to be able to get my stuff moved into my room and the rest of it organized and then listed like crazy.

Amazon has been my bread and butter this past month,it's quick to list and doesn't require a place to take photos, which is good, as I don't have a good place set up for that right now.

I hit up a really good garage sale this weekend on my way in to start packing up my room. I'm not sure if other districts require this, but our district makes up pack up everything, and I do mean everything in our classroom every single year. That means bookshelves, cupboards, walls, everything put away so they can move everything out and clean the carpet. Have you seen my shop or read the name of my blog? Can you imagine how much stuff (although slightly better organized) my classroom for 5 year olds has? 

The garage sale was a house I'd been to before. It was actually the first garage sale little one ever went to. We stopped by on the first day I could drive after my c-section. They had a lot of good stuff and I was excited to see them having another one.

The prices were more this time, but I think I discovered the reason after I got back to the car. Little one cheerfullly told me that he told the lady that these were for Mommy to sell. I felt bad telling him that we weren't supposed to tell people that. He was so proud to be helping Mommy and he knew why we were there. He's going to be an expert by the time he's 5!

I will try to get some photos of my find from this sale posted this week. I found some stoneware crocks, owl candle holders, plates, 2 vintage game tables, a vintage doily stretcher and a lot more. I'm excited to see what they're going to sell for. The items I purchased there before sold very well. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...