Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I've sold this week

I always like to read what other people have successfully sold, so I thought I'd share with you what sold for me this week.

Charlie Brown Encyclopedias- lot of 9, pd. .49-.99 each sold for 18.95, I always snap these up when I see them, then combine them when I have enough for a lot. These sell surprisingly well, I think it's nostalgia- that's why I originally purchased them- because I remember my brother had some like this when I was growing up.


Ugg Slippers pd. 8.99 sold for 39.99


Dopey Dwarf fabric panel free from mom, sold for 5.00. I've had these listed for almost a year so I was happy to see it go~!


Mickey Mouse Train Vintage Toy, picked up by my dad at a garage sale for me. I think that he paid $1.00 for the whole large plastic shoe box full. This is the 3rd of 6 of these vintage Disney toy's I've sold.

80's game, got this at a goodwill in another town that's much better than the one closer to me, but is an hour drive. Paid .99 brand new except for tape on the outside of the box. Sold on Amazon for 24.95
Somerset Magazines- came across these while cleaning my craft room. With a two year old I have no time for projects like these right now, so I listed them. They've sat for a few months, but sold for 29.95 and 10.50 shipping. I always try to ship my magazine lots in the medium priority box, it's sturdy and they fit great without a lot of packing, and boxes the right size for magazines are hard to come by.

Silver dustpan paid 1.99, sold for 14.99- I wouldn't recommend buying this, it's sat for almost a year with no interest

Alphabet teaching book paid .49, sold for 14.99


Metal Recipe Box

pd. .25 sold for 8.95- this one has had a lot of interest on both etsy and ebay and is very rusty on the bottom, I was surprised it was so popular, but purchased it becuase of the color and it was from the 60's
Pillars of Wisdom book, by international collections paid $1.00, sold for $9.99, item arrived damaged and even though the buyer didn't purchase insurance, I refunded half to payment to save getting a negative feedback. I am really looking at changing some of my refund policies and adding a 20% restocking fee unless the item description was totally off base.  Read more about policies at

http://www.ebayundergroundblog.com/2011/10/sure-ill-take-that-back-but-its-gonna.html
and just this morning, a toy doll I picked up at Target yesterday for 70% off, listed last night and greeted me this morning with a SOLD! email,
paid $11.98, sold for 24.95 UPDATE: Buyer left positive feedback after refund, Yea!

It didn't seem like that busy of a week, butlooking at everything together it doesn't look to bad for the time when Christmas credit card bills are coming in for most shoppers. Maybe things are picking up again. Amazon and Etsy have really helped fill in for the absent customers from Ebay. My goal now, not to buy anything new (ok, maybe a revisit to Target to get the rest of those dolls) until my huge mess of inventory I've already purchased is listed and organized (somewhat). We'll see how it goes. How about you, did the Christmas rush leave your work space and storage area a complete disaster?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your sales this week. Since we are a "newbies" on Ebay, I have no idea how slumps go. But I think we are kinda in one. We have sold only a few items, but hoping for better in the next few weeks.

    I have and also pick up the Peanuts books. I remember them from a kid, I am happy to see that they sell better as a collection, I will have to keep that in mind.

    Danelle (also known as "the other half)
    http://lifeinthesetimes-markeagleone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...