Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tip Tuesday: Don't buy more than you can list

Feeling a little bit of the hoarding side of online selling this week.

I am still working on clearing out my work space in preparation for my hubby to help out more as his seasonal work winds down a bit.
I can work in small spaces with no flat surface areas, I don't enjoy it, but I can make it work. My hubby will be very frustrated and distracted by that, so I am working on it clearing out a space for him to work.  And also figuring out things he can do to help me, as he won't do anything on the computer. My plan is for him to take photos for ebay and pack amazon boxes after I have everything listed, bagged and labeled. Possibly also pulling and packing ebay orders, I will still have to print the labels for him.

I currently have about 40 banker boxes of unlisted ebay inventory and a pallet of unlisted Amazon inventory. I know that 40 sounds like a lot, but I can list about 10 a week, (around 100 items) so I really only have a dedicated month's worth of unlisted inventory that's been sorted into boxes. There will be more as I go thru the piles.

I downsized a lot of my old crafting supplies, including about 10 hollow core doors, 2 old screen doors, and 10-15 windows (they were very heavy and from the 60's, and the panes were long and narrow, I couldn't really figure out what I would do with them, so in the donate trailer they went.

I feel overwhelmed right now with how much I have to do as both a mom and an online seller. I feel held back in my business sometimes by family schedules and kids needs, but also want to spend the summer with my kiddos and enjoy them while I can. Finding a balance is sometimes really hard to do. I would love to work non stop in my shop and get everything organized and listed. I know it really wouldn't take that long to do if I could do it uninterrupted. But, it just doesn't work that way right now. The kiddos and I were having a pretty rough day last week. I was so frustrated that I timed how long I actually got any work done before they were interrupting me. It was 2.5 minutes. NO wonder I feel like I am going crazy sometimes!

We have a few more weeks left until my son starts back to school. It's actually easier with just the 2 year old, because she will play by herself for an hour or more as long as I am in the room. When they are together they fight and argue and come up with more ways to annoy each other.

I will miss spending everyday with them, but I also know that I need to make the majority of our money for the next year in these next few months. So I need to get to it and get it done, however I can!





1 comment:

  1. I agree. I probably have 10x as much unlisted inventory as I do listed. I haven't been buying much lately. I will stop in at a thrift here and there when I'm out traveling and there is one nearby...just so that I can run in quickly and pick something up so that I can write off miles.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...