Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tip Tuesday: It's going to happen sometime, be prepared with your answer!

Last night was my 5 year old son's Parent Teacher conference. His teacher (and my friend) got a little gleam in her eye when she pulled out his writing assessment to show me. The prompt went along with the Corduroy bear story. They were to write about a time that they lost something. Here's what little man came up with:


If you're an ebay or amazon mom it's going to happen eventually, might as well prepare your answer now! Luckily for me, my son's teacher is also my friend, so she knows what I do. However, I have encountered other people in the past, and I'm sure I will again in the future, who question in some form what I do for a living.

For right now I usually just agree with whatever situation they offer up- yes, my children are really spoiled, yes, I really like to stock up for Christmas- whatever- if they don't offer a situation I just give them something that will keep them from asking more questions. I have found that telling people the real answer usually results in more expensive prices, or they get mad, so for now I just go with the flow. I live in a small town with limited resources, so I really don't want to make too much competition for myself either.

What do you say when you get asked about what your job is, or why you are buying so much?



p.s. Dear Cashier at Walgreens who would not stop following me around today. I promise I was not stealing, just scanning.  You really don't need to stand 4" away and stare at me. m'kay? Thanks.


4 comments:

  1. I always use the phrase "why are you asking?". I say it in a friendly tone, and then make a comment about the weather. This really does work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my son(when he was 6) was asked what his mom's favorite things were he said getting coupons in the mail and selling something on Ebay. Still makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just this morning I was woken up by my youngest with, "I can't find Buzz's rocket ship! Did you sell it?" I hadn't, it was actually just put away on the shelf where he couldn't reach it. :-) But he knows it is a possibility.

    I wanted to let you know that I changed the location of my blog. It's now at www.shethrifts.com Blogrolls aren't redirecting, unfortunately, and need to be updated to the new address to be able to see newer posts. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...