Monday, December 31, 2012

Goals and Plans for 2013



Whew, what a year it has been! I have learned so much this year about thrifting and reselling.
While I haven't reached my goal of being able to become a stay at home mom next year, I was able to double what I made last year.  I'm going to keep reaching for my goal and hope that year next will be the year that I can stay home. I hope to double (or more) my sales next year.
Things I learned in 2012.
1. tried FBA on Amazon for the first time- love it!
2. reselling is much easier with a smart phone
3. if something is really cheap, buy it, everything sells for the right price
4. sometimes things have to sit in your store for a while before they sell (this Christmas I sold a lot of items that have been sitting in my store for almost 2 year!)
5. pintrest helps sell things
6. starting out organized would be a lot easier than trying to get organized

So here are my goals for the next year:
1. deliver a healthy baby girl in March.
2. increase the listings on ebay from 450 to 1000.
3. increase my listings on etsy from 225 to 500.
4. get all of my Amazon stock sent in to FBA
5. buy less, list more ( I honestly think I could list for a year without having to buy new stock)
6. restructure my ebay room for easier shipping and finding items.

And I'm going to start working on these goals tomorrow.  I am still having some trouble with my back and the baby. I was finally able to trade my walker in for a cane, and I am able to stand or sit for up to 10 minutes at a time, but I am still not back to my old self. So, I talked to my stepdaughter who loves photography as a hobby and she is coming up tomorrow to talk as many photos as possible in the next 3 days. I am hoping to get at least 500 pictures taken so I can list, list, list. I am hoping that she'll be able to come up a few days a month to take pictures and I can list in between. I am also hoping that I can have a bunch of photos ready to go when the baby is born so while I am stuck in the house I can at least list. Bonus: once I have the photos taken and measurements written down I can put my items away until they are sold. The most I list the bigger the pathway thru my shop gets!
I will keep you updated at to how things are going.

What are your hopes/goals/plans for the new year?




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    You're right about the organization...I too wish I had organized everything when I started. I need to do so and it is a daunting task!!

    Haven't been thrifting in a few months and am going this Thursday (my birthday). My hubby thinks I'm pretty funny...most chicks would want to go for a mani/pedi, maybe massage...I want to go shopping for inventory! LOL

    Take care!

    Margaret @ Live Like No One Else

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your list of things you learned and even more your list of goals. I don't use Pinterest at all. Maybe I need to look into that.
    So sorry your back is giving you difficulty during your pregnancy. :-(
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...