Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Even bloggers get the blues. . .

Hello all,
I apologize for not posting much this week. I've been feeling a little down in the dumps.
I'm not sure if it's the freezing cold winter weather, the pressure at my "real" job or just me, but I've had a hard time getting motivated this week, even though my main motivation for selling is to be able to make some changes with my "real" job. Between my 2 part time jobs, selling online and my jobs as wife and mother I have been staying up until 2 or 3 am every night, (sometimes later- or earlier, however you look at it, on the weekends) I am back up at 5:15 to get my little one up so we can be on our way. It's exhausting and makes me wonder if it's worth it. But I do want to be able to make some changes in the next year or two, so I need to just keep plugging along.

I have almost gotten to my goal of 300 items in my ebay store.  I was at 298 last night when I quit for the evening. I was feeling frustrated because I have been listing, listing have not seen any sales from it. Amazon and etsy have also been pretty dead for me this week, I think people are busy buying things for Valentine's day, not vintage items.  I should be happy that it's giving me more time for listing and photographing, but it makes me wonder if I should list the items and spend money when nothing is selling.

However, when I checked my computer this afternoon I saw that I had 2 sales and an item from last week that was unpaid and has now been paid. I can do a little happy dance now, as least I know that m store is out there somewhere in Ebay land, and people can find it if they try really hard!

So, here are my two sales for the week so far:


 


I have sold several lots of these over the last year. I pick them up as I see them here and there and when I have 20 or so list them as a lot.  paid .25 to .49 for each, sold for $24.00.

I also debated about relisting this. I have had it in my unsold section on Ebay since Halloween was over. I've read several places about how you should have them listed all of the time, but I kinda doubted if that was a good idea. This week to try to boost my numbers so I relisted my costumes, Halloween or not, and I guess it worked because this one sold today for $8.99, paid 1.00. I probably could have held out and gotten more for it, but I am happy for the sale, and more space to store new items.

I am getting back to listing now.  . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...