Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tip Tuesday: Amazon repacking service

I've been hearing a lot about Amazon suspending people's accounts in the last few weeks and I'll admit it has me a little bit on edge. I'm trying to be proactive and do all I can to prevent a suspension myself.

One way I am doing that is to turn off the automatic Amazon repackaging service. I opted in when it first was offered because I thought it would be great to not have to have an item sent back to me and then repackage and send it back to Amazon again. Instead what I have been finding is that Amazon repackages things that are not in a condition to be repackaged and sold as new and that I have gotten a few returns because of this.

I ordered a new Wi-Fi from another Amazon seller and received an item that was marked it had been repackaged by Amazon. When I opened it I discovered that it had was really just a regular, cheap, photo card. I think someone switched the cards out and then returned the cheaper which Amazon didn't check very carefully and just repackaged. And I'll admit as a buyer it was really annoying to get the wrong item and have to deal with sending it back.


So, from now on I am going to have my items sent back to me so I can repackage and if needed relist them in a different condition.

I've heard that it's automatically selected by Amazon now and that you have to unselect it if you don't want it. So, here's how to do that if you don't know.

login to your seller account
go to the top right and select settings
in the middle of the page you will see the repackage settings box
click on the top right of the box where it says edit
choose disable
click update






I also recommend checking periodically to make sure that it still says disabled, as there have been some people that it has reverted back to enable.

Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...