Friday, February 6, 2015

Leap of Faith Post Update

I posted this fall about how sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.
You can see that post here.
I thought you might like an update on how sales have been going.

I found leotards several more times after the first time, and I ended up with 357 mostly thong leotards in various colors and styles, all in size large.
I don't think there has been a week since then that I haven't sold at least one.

I did an inventory yesterday and I have only 73 left! I started out pricing them at $18.95 with best offer, and after a few days of so many sales decided to up the price to $24.95, and decided I would accept any best offers of at least $18.95.


Original total spent on all of the leotards $714.
Total sold so far (I just averaged the sale price to be $20, since I've sold some at 18.95, but most at $24.95) $5680

profit so far $4966 and I still have 73 left. Most of them all solid black, which have been the slowest selling ones, so in a few more weeks I might lower the price on them a little bit.

Sometimes you do have to take a leap of faith and trust your instincts.





2 comments:

  1. Good for you Melissa. So glad this worked out for you! BTW, what is Gdub?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry I forgot not everyone calls it that. The Gdub is Goodwill. :)

      Delete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...