Monday, September 8, 2014

Make it Monday- Stocking the Freezer

It's make it monday at the Granny's Hoard Household. I have dedicated a daily focus to my week to help keep me on track. This focus is in addition to my daily listing goal of listing $400 a day on ebay and sending out at least 14-18 x 18 x 16 boxes to FBA weekly. 
So far I have done fairly well at keeping up with my goal. 

Today's make it  Make it Monday's has two recipes, the first is pancakes:


Here's the recipe I used: 


The Best Whole Wheat Pancakes

Mix together:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 TB brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups skim milk

Bake on hot griddle, turning over when the bubbles appear on the top.
Makes about 10-12 pancakes.  We usually triple or even quadruple the recipe and freeze the extras first on cookie trays and then transfer to freezer bags. They are easy to microwave or toast in the toaster for breakfast the next day.  



and after looking at the price of Chocolate Milk for my son I looked on pintrest and found a homemade nesquick recipe. Cheaper and tastier too! 

Homemade Nesquik Recipe: 
2/3 C Sugar 
1/3 C Cocoa 
Pinch of salt

we use approx 2 tbsp for a large 12-16 oz of milk

I love stocking the freezer and cupboard with made from scratch, cheaper, and tastier essentials for my family. Makes the mornings go so much better too! 

What do you like to cook for freezer meals?

4 comments:

  1. Breakfasts are my favorite freezer cooked meal. Hubby leaves for work at 4am and I am SO not a morning person to get the kids off for school. I found several great recipes to try but I need to clean out the freezer first :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make chocolate milk for my kids with cocoa too. But I found that I had to use a handheld blender to blend the cocoa with cold milk. Just doesn't blend very well. Hot cocoa is no problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..and I also like to double/triple up on recipes and then freeze the rest. Cook once, eat twice/three times. Can't beat that. Although I do not always do this, you just forget I guess. I just made a big batch of homemade tomato soup and will be freezing some today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that if you add a little bit of hot water at the bottom of your glass, then add the 2 tbsp of mix, stir until dissolved and then add the cold milk- it works great.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...