Friday, September 12, 2014

BOLO: Leg Air Massagers and other sold items this week

I meant to post this on Wednesday, but the week got away from me before I knew it!
Here is a BOLO:
Always look up any made for TV items when you find them in the wild. Some are not worth very much, but lots can go for good profits. I paid $2.99 for this at my "secret" thrift store that not many people know about. After I got it home I discovered it was missing the ac adapter cord, I tested it with one of mine and it worked so I made sure to note that in my listing. Even so priced a few dollars higher than the other listings. It sold 5 hours later for $49. I had to have these type of boots on my legs after both of my c-sections and they made my very clastrophobic and drove me nuts. They feel like having two giant blood pressure cuffs on your legs. But they are good for preventing blood clots. I guess someone out there likes to use them! 

 Speaking of the "secret" thriftstore, I did see a box marked Amazon behind their cash register the other day. And today I heard the manager telling the girl at the counter that he couldn't keep up with his orders, that everytime he checked he sold something again. (I only saw 4 packages waiting for the post office pick up on the counter). I'm afraid they might catch on to more than books and cds for Amazon soon! I'm trying to be more careful about pulling out my phone to look things up while I'm shopping. Until they catch on  I'll keep looking for profits like this! The same day  I also picked up a kitchen cooking item for $29.99 - my 20% coupon for one item that I got for donating a few sacks before I went shopping. It's going on Amazon for over $199!  Now I just have to find a box that fits it for FBA. 

Sales have dropped a little bit this week, but I am still up from a month ago. Here are a few of my sales this week:
These are from my $2 auction box. I have already sold the other dishes for a profit of $100.  I had a best offer on these a few weeks ago, but the person ended up not paying. Then last night I got another offer that was kind of low, but I was going to take a little less than I wanted because she wanted to buy some other dishes too. The hang up was she wanted free shipping, which I can do as long as they fit in a large flat rate box, but were too big to combine shipping in one box. While she was telling me how I wanted too much I had  another person sweep in and offer only $2 less than my asking price, so I sold them to her. :) 

paid less than .10 each, asking $24.95, sold for 22.00 x 4= $88.00- large flat rate shipping

a few minutes later I had someone make a low ball offer on this shirt, I counter and while waiting to hear back from them, it sold to someone else for full asking price!

pendelton wool plaid shirt paid $4.99 two year ago, was listed and then when I did inventory I realized it had disappeared, so I relisted again a few weeks ago. Sold for $50, free flat rate shipping

and then I had another low ball offer of $12 for this vintage maternity shirt. I countered and while I was waiting to hear back, it sold to someone else for full asking price $24.95.  I purchased this shirt when I was pregnant with baby girl 2 years ago. I got it for a great price of $8.00 on clearance on etsy. Then I wore it for about 5 months of my pregnancy, and the sold it again for profit. Love that! 

Two lessons that have been reinforced for me this week. Price it the price you think it's worth and don't let people's lowball offers get to you. Also, while dishes can be slow sellers, and are a pain to pack, they are one of my bread and butter items. 

Also, I'm beginning to think that having an offer on an item makes it show up higher in the rankings. Have you had an item purchased while you were waiting on a counter offer? 





4 comments:

  1. ugh I cringed when I saw those leg massagers. I had them when I was in the hospital for premature labor and again after my hysterectomy.....but WOW is that great profit. I do agree that offers seem to make more interest in an item

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had 2 c-sections, and had to use those leg massagers in the hospital. Ugh.

    Not exactly the same, but this morning I was looking at one of my listings (priced at $100) and noticed that I had received an offer of $35 that was auto-rejected. (I only have the auto-reject set up on a couple of my listings.) Then this afternoon it sold at full price. Happy dance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those wool plaid shirts! They always sell well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that that happens. Do you have an auto decline set up. I haven't gone back and done it on all my items, but a lot of them have it. This way I don't have to waste my time with the super lower ballers!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...