Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hubby Update Again

Finally heard back from the Nurse- tests say not food poising, not flu, not West Nile.
So in other words they have no clue!?!
Is it just my hubby who never asks the Dr or Nurse anything?  He didn't ask if he was contagious, still needed to take the meds they prescribed, or what else we could do to make it better, other symptoms to look for etc.  So annoying!

The nurse just said if he gets worse to go to the ER.  Like we need that $5000 bill right now.

So I guess really we have no news to report. He is still running a fever, has a massive headache, upset stomach, but has been able to eat a some crackers and a little bit of broth. He has lost over 15 pounds since Sunday.

Someone told me that they had the same symptoms and nothing showed up on their blood tests, but 6 months later they finally tested positive for West Nile, in the dead of winter.

My guess is that he does have west nile but it isn't showing up for some reason right now.

On a more upbeat note I have gotten 8! postive feedbacks since last night!


5 comments:

  1. ugh!! So frustrating!! I am not a huge fan of western medicine. Its been more than once a dr has shrugged their shoulders and said they don't know whats wrong with me. Hang in there! Yeah for the positive FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have they checked him for meningitis? I hope you get some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that your husband is sick. Has he had any tick bites recently? Not sure if there are deer ticks where you live, but they can give you more than Lyme. Hope all turns out well for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where you're located but there is a mosquito virus here in the Northeast that is very prevalent this year. It has the same flu-like symptoms that your husband is experiencing. Google Chikungunya virus.
    I hope he's on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...