Sunday, July 20, 2014

Trying not to PANIC!




Ugh, opened up my seller dashboard today to discover that I am set to be below standard on August 20th. My defect rate is 5.24, and needs to be 5.00 or less to be above standard. 
My tracking for this month is at 93.33 for me, but only 83.33 for the USPS.  What the heck!
I am really trying not to panic, but I am very worried that I am going to get kicked off of ebay permanently. My last 9 months have been better, there were a few late shipments and open cases around the time that my little one was in the hospital and I ended some listings and checked the wrong reason, instead of no longer for sale, I think I checked out of stock- DING!
They won't disappear off of my dashboard until October.  I think I got an email a while back from ebay that said they wouldn't take away my account until next August to protect me from the new ratings, but I'm not 100% sure.
I'm not sure what to do, anyone have some advice?  I am thinking about opening another account, but am not sure if they would close both if I lost my first account?  I am going to call ebay tomorrow, I'll see what they have to recommmend.

Any one have some advice for me?  Anyone else in a similar situation?  Thanks for letting me panic to you, my family just doesn't get it!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if this will help you or not but something glitchy is happening with the tracking upload numbers. Some days, I'm at 100% (which is correct) but right now, I am at 96.53% instead of 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I can think of is to list as much as you can to sell enough to dilute those numbers? That's all I can think of. Do you have top rated seller status? Wouldn't you just lose that as opposed to getting kicked off? Sorry for the worries! Good luck with your phone call to ebay tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went below standard for about 10 months a year or 2 ago. After I got back to standard the CS rep was honestly shocked I wasn't booted. I think you will be fine. 5.24 shouldn't hypothetically be too hard to bring up. I'm going to lose TRS since my tracking is 77%. I have found that it takes the USPS # a few days to catch up so I wouldn't worry about that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...