Sunday, February 9, 2014

The know it all customer


Ugh, I've reached my limit today of people telling me how to do things. From home to school to ebay everyone I come in contact with today seems to think they know it all.

I just received an email from an ebay customer. He had purchased some shoes from me last week, which I promptly sent out the next day.   He emails me on Friday stating that basically I need to get off my lazy a** and get his package in the mail. So I double check and sure enough, it wasn't scanned by my small rural post office. This is about the 10th package in the last 3 weeks this has happened with. I emailed him back and told him that they must have not scanned it in, but I did send it and would contact the post office. I also told him that the little post office might be overwhelemed due to the 5 foot of snow we've gotten this week as well as the -43 temperature (without the wind chill)  I did contact them and what do you know, it showed ups scanned in on Saturday, (5 days after I sent it) So tonight I get an email from him saying he's glad he contacted me  because they have to scan it when they pick it up and it's about time I sent it. Yes, they are supposed to scan, but it doesn't mean they do, and the only reason they fixed it is because I called them. Not because I didn't send it!  I want to email him back but I don't want to risk negative feedback, which I'm probably already getting. I don't like being accused of lying. If I didn't mail it I would own up to it.
Whatever, I'm just not replying to his email, he'll think I'm still lying either way. Here's hoping he likes the shoes.

So over everything right now.

Thank you for letting me vent. Do you have an annoying customer to share? Tell me about it in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. I had a similar this week. I won't go into the details. But yes, it is so annoying. Do these people have nothing better to worry about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one. My favorites are the ones who insult me and ask for a discount all in the same email. Seems like there are plenty of annoying customers to go around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe nicely remind him that when he receives it the shipping date will be on the label and he will be able to see that it was mailed on XX date? I had one accuse me of not mailing recently when tracking clearly showed it was shipped the day she paid & on the way to her. Somehow she thought I could enter a fake tracking number if I wanted to lol. She continued to be upset until it arrived and the shipping date was on the label. Then said she was pleasantly surprised that I had been honest? Lots of aggravation for a $7.99 sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a negative fb stating I sent a fake tracking number too! Hahaha (I printed the label but b4 the carrier pickup his emails became so obnoxious I decided he wasn't worth the headache so I voided the label and refunded him. He was so mad it was kind of funny :)

      Delete
  4. I would ask that he look at the shipping label, too. I am lucky that my post office gal always scans my packages when she picks them up. She told me then it's up to post office and not her if it doesn't go. Sorry you had this experience.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...