Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What is a bundle?

Before my post about the program I used to really boost my sales using bundles, I thought I'd first address what exactly a bundle is.

You can read the official Amazon's Seller's Guidelines here:

Product Bundling Policy Bundles: General Policy

Well-designed product bundles provide convenience and value to buyers. Adhering to this policy, including the below guidelines for the creation of bundles, will help Amazon.com customers locate specific bundles more easily, and prevent duplicate or near-duplicate listings.
Sellers can create bundles composed of different products to create a new bundled product. Bundled products may be listed in all categories except Books, Music, Video, and DVD (collectively, BMVD) and Video Games. Bundles are only allowed when the primary product in the bundle is not a BMVD or Video Games product. For example, you can list a bundle composed of a yoga mat (the primary product), a yoga DVD and a yoga book, but you cannot list a bundle composed of a yoga DVD and a yoga book.
The referral fee applicable to the product category in which the bundle is listed will apply to the entire bundle.
All bundles are subject to review for appropriateness and relevance. Amazon may in its sole discretion determine whether any bundle complies with this policy. Failure to adhere to the policy, including the below guidelines, may result in the removal without notice of any bundled product listing, account suspension, or both. Amazon reserves the right to modify or revoke this policy at any time. 
**********************************************************************************************************************************
I view a bundle as 2 or more things you would normally purchase together, or something that makes life easier for your customer. Like school supplies, things to make a gift, bath soap and a pouf, etc. The thing I love most about bundles is that there is literally no limit to what you can do. You can make bundles in almost any area (except BMVD, see above) and it's harder for competition to compete with you, because they would have to find the EXACT items you have put together. I will be back with a blog post in a few days with a recommendation for my favorite bundle course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...