Friday, August 28, 2015

My heart is broken. . .prayers desperately needed.

I warn you in advance this is not a post about reselling or thrifting or making money. But it is a post about being a mother who loves your children and wants to see them grow up. It's a post that reminds me why I wanted to sell online in the first place- to spend more time with my children while I can.

A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer this week. She is in her mid thirties and has 4 children, ages 7 - one month old. Her husband is a pastor and she is an awesome stay at home mom. We became friends my first year of teaching. She mentored many young teachers and students the years that she was there.  She was the one that could cheer you up after a difficult meeting,and  was so encouraging to me during those difficult first years of teaching. She is truly a light for Jesus in our community and beyond. We are a community in shock and disbelief right now. The prognosis from the Doctors is not a good one. But I believe God has a plan for her. I believe that God can heal her and I am praying for a miracle for her and for her family. I don't usually ask this, but would you, dear readers, please pray for her also? We are in desperate need of a miraculous healing for her.  

Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Melissa--- so, so sorry to hear about your friend--- I've enjoyed reading your blog for some time now but have, until now, remained "anonymous" in regards to commenting. I cannot stay silent on this one--- thank-you very much for posting this--- please know that my family and I are standing behind you & your friend and your friend's family during this time with heavy-duty prayer. The Lord is still in the business of miracles---what awesome comfort we can take in that!! That's what we will pray for!!! God Bless you for being such a good friend and stepping out in faith like this... ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading my blog and for your support. Thank you beyond words for your support for my friend and her family. At this point we cannot get too many people praying for her! We will continue to pray for a miracle here as well. I will keep you updated on what's going on with her when we know more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for your dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I'm praying for a miracle for your friend, and for strength and comfort for her family and all who love her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many prayers for your friend. My heart is broken for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...