Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tip Tuesday: Amazon App- Scan items without a UPC code

I just learned this great tip a few weeks ago. It has been really useful when I'm looking up items for Amazon  that are either missing the UPC code, or don't have a UPC code. It is especially useful at the thrift store and I bet at garage sales too (it just hasn't been nice enough to go to any garage sales here yet!)



Step 1- download the Amazon Price Checker App onto your smart phone. (Note: this is different than the Amazon Seller App)

Step 2- Find an item you want to look up on Amazon that doesn't have a UPC code

Step 3- choose the snap it option on the app

Step 4- Take a picture of the front of the item  
You can also tap the little microphone to say the title of the item for a faster search (I'm terrible at typing on a phone!) but I do feel a little silly sometimes and get some strange looks when I'm whispering into my phone in the corner of Goodwill- Just sayin'

Step 5- Do the happy dance, because you didn't have to try and figure out the search terms to find the right item on Amazon!


**Amazon does say that this works best on media type items, but I have also had success with puzzles, toothbrushes and other household items. This will tell you what it's selling for on Amazon, but not the profit/fees like the Amazon seller app will.

Was this tip helpful to you?  Did you already know this?  What are some other tips or topics you'd like to hear about on Granny's Hoard?  Please leave your suggestions in the comments below. I'd love to hear what you're interested in!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...