Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tip Tuesday: Make the most of 20 minutes

Before we start, can you just do me a favor and pretend that I posted this on Tuesday like I meant to, instead of Wednesday!  I'll be back next Wednesday with a "what sells/sold" post. I am trying to get back on my blog post schedule






Being a mom of two and a country girl who only "goes to town" a couple of times a month, I sometimes find myself with 20 minutes to an hour between errands, or appointments. When I go to town I try to just make it an all day thing so I don't have to drive in more than one day.  I'd like to use my time wisely, but it seems like when my brain is put on the spot I can't remember a place close to where I am to go source for a few minutes. So I decided to make a list of thrift stores, consignment shops, and stores that I have been to or want to research and see if they are a place I should put on my rotation.

Here's an example of my list: (By the way, you should know I am terrible at street names/addresses. I am a very visual person and have photographic memory, so I always know where a place is, by association of a place that's near it, or I find it by visualizing the whole street in my head.  It drives my family nuts, because when you ask me for directions to somewhere, you will probably get something like: go down the street by my old school, turn left at the breakfast place with the good waffles and it's right next to that place where I went to try on Prom dresses in high school. I can never find garages sales without my navigation device on my phone!

But tell me it's off of 23rd street and you will get a blank look. :)  So this is how I set my list up, you could make yours with actual addresses.


West side of town (by Dr's Office)
flip flop thrift store


by my old school
thrift store behind 7-11
Rich Old lady Thrift Store
Phat thrift store**
Dollar General


by grocery store
Big Lots
Walgreens


by library
King Soopers
Library Book Sale

middle of town
ARC
Dollar General

East side of town
scratch and dent grocery store

** places I've seen but never been to but want to try



Am I the only one who can't remember where to shop without a list?  What do you to to make the most of your time and benefit your business?




1 comment:

  1. I know where the local goodwill and SA stores are, but not the little thrifts. I'd like to make a list of those. But whenever I am out and about, I do try to stop in at a nearby thrift so that I can write off most of my miles.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...