Monday, November 24, 2014

Drowning. . . . someone throw me a lifesaver!

Ugh, what a few weeks it has been!
My computer is officially done for. According to the Geek Squad the hard drive is about to go. So I purchased a new one yesterday. I am going to have to see what I can rescue from my hard drive and then it's adios.

I've been buried under tons of new inventory, and I've been trying to do my best to get it out the door. I just sent 18 boxes out the door this morning with my UPS man, totaling 300 items. I have about 50 more that I have to write new listings for.

I have also been going back and forth with a customer who purchased my old dish network box. 4 weeks later he left a negative feedback saying the man who previously owned the box owed the company $300 dollars and he wants his money back.

I have a few issues with his request  demand
It was my box, only owned by me, ie: not a man, and I don't owe the company any money.
I called the company and they said there was no way he could tell who the box belonged to and that the person who owed the money is probably the person who lived at his address previously.

I messaged him and asked for the name of the person who owes the money. He has sent me back 3 messages  saying the same thing as the feedback. He wants his money back.

If someone cost me $300 that I didn't owe. I would want more than my $30 back. And he doesn't want to send the item back, which tells me he already has it up and working. He also has only bought 2 things on Ebay.

I am so annoyed, I know that he is trying to scam me. After the whole bad wallpaper incident I don't know what to do. I don't want to refund this guy, but if I don't ebay probably won't remove the defect. And even if I refund the money, I'm sure he won't remove the feedback.

Anybody have some advice for me?

6 comments:

  1. Do you listen to the Scavenger Life podcasts? I highly recommend them :) They have the "silent treatment" method. Basically, let the buyer know your terms. For example, if they are unhappy let them know you will offer a full refund once they return the item. Don't go back and forth. They explain it a lot better :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love them. Thank you for reminding me about their silent treatment! I will implement that from now on!

      Delete
  2. I would tell him…Return the item and I'd be happy to give you a refund. No discussion. He'll either return it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to get ahead of the grumpy customer I would contact ebay and tell them about his demands and of your conversation with dish network about the box. I wouldn't hurt to have your information in the system before the grumpy guy calls ebay. My guess is that he won't do anything, but you will be prepared by having the info in the system. Any you are right he probably has it up and running and doesn't want to return it.The silent treatment would be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silent treatment for sue. And I think that if you called Ebay you could get the feedback removed, based on his messages to you.

    About your computer...My son's laptop was broken (the hard drive crashed and was unrecoverable). I was able to purchase for about $60 on amazon a new identical hard drive for $60 plus called the company for a copy of the original installation disk for $15. We replaced the hard-drive ourselves and installed the software and it's like a new computer for a total of $65. Easy peasy..Sorry you had to go out and buy another one. Maybe you could fix your old one like we did and return the new one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I sympathize with that completely! I stopped selling boxes from yard sales/storage auctions/etc because I got more negative fb from those then I can to think about. Good luck unburying yourself from inventory! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...