Thursday, October 2, 2014

What sold Wednesday (a few days late!)

My sales have been slow this week, and it's mostly my fault. We found out last week (Wednesday) that our renters were moving out and it was my goal to get the house rent ready and rented to another family by October 1st, as the rent money helps supplement my selling income in a big way.

I had it rented to someone, signed the lease, put some money down and everything. They were supposed to start moving in Monday. Got a text from them Sunday night that they had changed their minds. So I started over again wtih 2 days to get it rented before the first and . . . . . I did it!
They saw it on Monday and signed the lease on Tuesday. So, we should hopefully have that income for another year. A big relief!
We also talked to our insurance guy and figured out a way to save over $900 a month on health and life insurance for our family! We were looking at having to pay an additional $600 a month just for me, so that's a huge refief as well.


But I spent almost 2 weeks driving into town everyday, running errands, working on the rental house, or meeting with people. I only got 50 items listed last week. This week I have been fighting the cold my daughter shared with me, in between giving her breathing treatments every 4 hours (if anyone wants to volunteer to help me hold her down to do it, please come on over!) I have some time to list, while I sit on the couch in misery, but I don't have any pictures of unlisted inventory left. My hubby doesn't understand why I would like my photo studio in the house instead of out in the shop. I could have gotten a lot done this week if it was. My mom said she was willing to watch little one one day next week so I can just take pictures all day.

So that's my long explanation for why I don't have much to show that I sold this week. But here it is anyway.

Alice in Wonderland Themed Halloween Costume
Paid 1.99 last year, sold for 14.00
Grumpy Stuffed Picture Frame paid $1.99 sold for 14.95. It was new with tags and I thought it would sell right away, but this was a dud for me that I took out of the garage sale pile twice. I was just happy to have it gone! I don't have very much luck with plush!
German Candles paid .99 took BO of 15.95 
Coldwater Creek 3X lace shirt paid $1.50 sold for BO 15.95
Vintage Men's Western Shirt 
Free from my dad sold for 12.95 I've this one for over a year, so I was happy to accept the offer 


Wishing you loads of listing time and sales!

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain on the breathing treatments. My oldest was born with asthma so from 6 mo - 4years he had alberterol and a steroid every night in a nebulizer.....it is awful to try to keep them still :( So glad you got your apartment rented and hopefully next week will be more calm for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the house rented and insurance all figured out must be a huge relief! Wishing you a less stressful and more productive week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathing treatments are no fun. My oldest had that horrible mask that I had to hold over her face and pump the asthma medicine through. I was relieved when we were able to get a nebulizer. We just put on one of her favorite shows and she happily sat through the treatment- mask free. Hope you're all feeling better soon, and congrats on your sales!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...