Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What the heck Ebay?

I promise to come back later today and post some what solds for the week. But I had to take a minute and update you on the wallpaper negative. I did get a defect earlier this week, I have called ebay three different times and they will not remove the negative, as they say it's my fault,the wallpaper must have a problem. It was new in the package and the negative isn't not about the quality of the paper. The wallpaper did have a problem, the person installing it!

So I am going to be adding this disclaimer to all of my wallpaper listings.

* depending on the texture and type of the wall you are applying wallpaper too, additional wall paper adhesive may be required. Please make sure to read wallpaper application instructions oroughly before attemtping to apply your wallpaper.

I was also thinking of including this

Instructions for appling prepasted wallpaper
  1. Fill water tray with lukewarm water and set it on the floor at the end of your table.
         
  2. Completely immerse the rolled strip (pattern side in) in water and slowly pull it out, pattern side down, unrolling as you pull, laying it on the table.
          
  3. Once you've pulled the entire piece out of the water, look for dry spots. If you find any, sprinkle a little water on them with your sponge and work the water in lightly with your fingers.
       
  4. Fold the top of the strip back to the middle of the strip and the bottom back to the middle, being careful not to crease. Allow 10 minutes in this folded position for wallpaper to "cure."  
 An alternative to the water tray method is to use an "adhesive activator" for pre-pasted wallpaper. It's applied like paste and eliminates the need for soaking each strip in water.
 I don't want to say anything about not refunding if the paper doesn't stick, as I think they would just say something else was wrong with it to get a refund. 

What do you think?  Suggestions? Changes? Other ideas for covering my butt for future problems like this? 

2 comments:

  1. to be honest I don't think you will have another problem like this. I have found most eBayers (in my opinion) are willing to own up to their mistakes. Those (like this buyer) who want a refund will say anything to get it. I really hate eBay support when it comes to negatives....it doesn't take much to see it is the buyers fault :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't hurt to include it it I guess. That stinks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...