Monday, October 6, 2014

Tip Tuesday # 8 Before you throw it away




Two ways I have been finding new items to sell:

looking at everything again before donating it or throwing it away- case in point, the garfield at the top of this post. I was going through all of my son's old clothes for the consignment sale and found this garfield shirt, but it had a hole right next to the embroidered design. I decided to take a chance and cut it out of the shirt, and listed it  on Etsy for $14.95. It sold within 2 hours!



I have also been scanning pretty much every item that we buy to see if it's something that would sell well on Amazon. I figure if we use it at our house, other people do too. I've found about 5 products that my family buys weekly that resell well on Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. i would have never thought to cut something out of a shirt. That's so great! and what's funny is it's probably more than you would have gotten for the shirt whole :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What title did you give this item when you listed it on Etsy? It's such a great idea. I hate throwing away clothes when they have a stain especially when they're well made and with cute embroidered features. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment! I titled it Vintage Garfield Embroidered Embellishment. Let me know if you are able to sell something like this too!

      Delete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...