Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tip Tuesday # 6 Google Drive

I first heard about this way of managing my ebay listings from the podcast Scavenger Life.

My husband is getting a little fed up with all of my unlisted inventory sitting around piles in our house and asked me to find a way to keep my ebay stuff out in my ebay room in my metal shop building.

Which I totally understand, I'm getting tired of all of the stuff around too. But I've tried before and have not had very good luck with listing items without having the item with me. I've tried writing it down in notebooks but it just takes too long.

My solution:
google drive 

It's an online way of keeping track of your inventory, pictures, etc. So you can list from anywhere and more than one person can access it.

I've been testing it out for a few weeks and it's been going great. I take photos and type up quick descriptions out in my shop. (I['m much faster at typing than writing)  Then I add the item to my to be put away tub and take my computer back into the house. Now I can list late a night or whenever or wherever I have time without having to take everything with me, I'm excited to try it out when we travel, I've been able to get more listed and things put away where I can find them when they sell.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds just like me. I write everything down when I take photos and take the item, measurements and notebook with me to the computer to list. I just like the item in front of me to look at when I list. I know it doesn't make sense to do it that way. But old dogs and such....I will have to try the google drive way...with an open mind. It sure would be nice to be able to put a tote number on the listing so I could find it quicker.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...