Friday, September 5, 2014

Reflections of a New stay at home online selling mama

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Here are the highlights:
Little man's first day of kindergarten.
First consignment sale for kids items. (I took about 200 items!)
Last offical pay check from old job (August 29th)
New insurance card thru hubby's work (and another $400 a month bill!)
1 trip to ER for me, with what we thought was what hubby had a few weeks ago, but turned out to be one in a series of cluster migraine headaches. 2 shots later and 2 days of sleeping them off and I feel a lot better, but am trying to get more than 3 hours sleep a night- Dr's orders!
14 boxes to Amazon
an  unexpected check from the mineral rights on our property- which brought a lot of comfort and peace to both hubby and I- we both felt it was a confirmation and answered prayer that me staying home was the right thing to do


So as a stay at home mom I am still learning-
 how to get it all done with a little one who comes right behond you and messes it all up
how to spend less
how to explain to my 5 yr old why we don't have the money for this or that
how to let go of things, they will be there tomorrow to do
how to focus on the here and now with my family
how to prepare for the winter for my family- I would really like to learn more about canning, freezing, and grow a large garden next year-

Things I am getting better at
scratch/home cooking
letting go of clutter
doing a load of laundry everyday
keep the kitchen sink clean
going to town only 1 day a week (or less)
sourcing with a 1 year old

Things that staying at home have made better:
Hubby and I are more of a team and are communicating so much better, I have heard him stand up for me to his family- something that usually doesn't happen and complimenting me to other people- from my homemade from scratch chocolate pudding to my reselling abilities
more family time- we were able to go away for labor day for 4 days of camping and fishing- something I never was able to do b/c the start of school is so hectic


I love being able to stay at home. I love the extra time with my kids and hubby and rest of my family, even if it's while packing up packages. I hope that this time next year finds me in the same place!




2 comments:

  1. I am glad you get this opportunity and that your husband is on board with you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...