Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Feeling Discouraged

Ugh, I've about had it this week with ebay.
I have a buyer who is trying to scam me and sent back parts from a printer that wasn't mine, the paper tray doesn't even fit it and he sent back two powercords, when I only sent one.

Then today I have a case opened by a lady who says I have never replied to her emails. I have replied to all of them, within an hour of her sending them. So she opens a case for some brand new in package pens she says won't write. How do I know if they don't write, as they are new in package- I didn't open them to try them out! And honestly how do I know that they don't write for her? I sent her a refund thru paypal a few days ago and now it isn't showing up. So now I have 2 defects for this month and I just checked and she already left me a negative.

At this rate I'll be closing up shop in March. I just can't seem to get out of the hole, no matter how hard I try. I am an honest seller, I describe my items correctly. I ship usually the same day. I can't seem to win for losing, So, I apologize for lack of posts lately. I'm just feeling really fed up and discouraged.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've had so many problems lately. How frustrating. Don't give up. Move on and keep listing and report the scammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gotten to the point that on ebay you have to focus on the happy customers and move on from the scammers. I've also raised my prices and stuck with them (despite the urge to lower them every time my sales roller coaster, which is frequently.) The higher prices seem to discourage scammers and the "right" customers don't mind paying for quality service.
    We've all been where you are. It's very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. It seems eBay is either wonderful or it sucks. I went below average and it took me a full year (like 11-13 month) to get out of it. They make it so easy to get defects yet like to kick us when we are down (so to speak.) Definately report the scammer. Keep calling till you get a competent employee (plan on all day LOL). I had that a couple times and they did remove the feedback but that won't happen if they just read the script. Maybe you will have enough Christmas sales to tip the scale :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't alone. I really hope Ebay does something to change this soon. I got scammed out of $400 worth of books recently. I do not have much $ in most of what I sell so I used to just refund and move on. Now it is happening enough it is starting to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. i have always loved selling but am not enjoying this drama & cost. I need the 20% discount or I would change my terms back to no refunds as they used to be. I don't think that works all the time either as ebay can and will take the funds out of your account if they side with the buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I haven't had time for eBay this month my only sale opened a case before he'd even received the item, he returned it totally unopened , having stated it was only fit for the bin. He gave me glowing feedback but he'd purchased the same item for a lower price the day after he bought mine.....what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Melissa, hang in there. It's like that with any kind of business. Sometimes s**t goes bad, you just have to get through it and not let it get you down..I know it's hard. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...