Wednesday, August 20, 2014

and now I can breathe a sigh of relief (for now)

I have been checking, checking, checking my seller dashboard to see when my new evaluation takes effect. I just looked and found this

A special protection has been applied to maintain your above-standard status in the United States program because your defect rate has been impacted by new defect types incurred prior to our seller standards announcement in March. This means that, although your current defect rate does not meet our above-standard requirements, you will be protected from below-standard consequences for this evaluation period.


it goes on to say 

When we announced updates to the seller performance standards in March, we wanted to ensure that sellers on a 12 month evaluation were not impacted by consequences of falling below eBay’s minimum standards as a result of the new defect types (as detailed below) that were  acquired prior to the announcement in March.   
 
With the new standards now in effect, sellers on a 12 month evaluation will be protected for the August 20, 2014 evaluation from selling limits or restrictions even though their seller status may be below eBay's minimum standards. We’re extending this protection to sellers when their status was impacted by one or more of the new defects under the new seller performance standards, which were  acquired prior to March 11, 2014.*
 
These new defects include:
·         Opened cases
·         Detailed seller ratings of 3 for item description
·         Returns because the item was not as described
·         Negative or neutral feedback
·         Seller-cancelled transactions
 
Sellers will receive this protection until March 20, 2015, and will be eligible to receive it for each monthly evaluation until March 20, 2015, unless they acquire defects after March 11, 2014  that cause their account to fall Below Standard. 
 
Visit your seller dashboard regularly to stay on top of your performance and status 
 
*Note this special 7-month protection will no longer apply if you have 400 or more transactions over a 3-month period and are subsequently evaluated on a 3-month evaluation .


now, back to my regularly scheduled program . . . .  listing, listing, listing.

4 comments:

  1. That's great. I'm so glad to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some good news!

    Right now, I'm not able to even view my defects. When I click "download a report" and sign in I get this message: "Congratulations! As of August 21, 2014, none of your transactions over the most recent evaluation period have defects."

    The thing is that I know I have 2 defects since March (1 in May and 1 in July). I thought this might have explained it but nope! Very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you. I'm sure you feel like a huge burden has been lifted. I'm glad to hear eBay did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...