Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What's Happening Wednesday

Hello all,
I apologize for not getting my FBA series posted on Friday. My parents invited us on a last minute camping trip, so we went!  It's taking a little longer than I thought to write up each post with all of the screen shots, so it might be a few weeks before I post another one again. I was able to get 20 boxes sent to FBA last week, and they are all checked in now and the sales are ringing up, love that!  My goal to get 13 boxes a week sent out until October and then hopefully double that a week until Christmas. That's gonna mean a lot of shopping for me!
In case you are wondering why  I chose 13 it's because USPS charges me $13 for each weekly pickup, so I figure that's only a $1 a box, so worth not hauling them in 4 at a time myself! I'm not sure if thats a standard charge for pick up or not?

I am happy to report that the magnets from my last post made it safely to England, he left postive feedback and told me to let him know if I ever get anymore. Yay!

I have been listing and selling like crazy! I'm so glad, as I still hear some people are not having good sales.  I had 10 cha-chings from 12-2 am last night while I was up listing. Not really even summer stuff, just a little bit of everything.

Even with all of the sales I have been able to get my listings up to 570, I am still hoping for as close to 1,000 items as I can get by the end of August.

I have been listing some teacher items, and will continue to as I come across them.

I ended up having to do some major bookwork for my dad's business  this week (there went 30 hours of my life that I will never get back!) and will spend I'm sure many hours next week getting a new software program up and running for him- sometimes it's not good to be the only one in your family who knows how to work a computer. It's not the computer that's the problem for me, it's all of the math!  There was a reason I taught kindergarten, you only have to count to 100!

I have been keeping up with all of the talk on facebook groups and blogs about the new rating system and also the good 'til cancelled debate. I was doing 30 days, but have decided to go back to GTC.  Right now it is mostly my new listed items that are selling, but it sure is a time suck to list them each month and try to keep track of dupplicate listings. My new plan is list it and forget it, for at least 6 months to year, then re-analyze about what to lower the price on and what to dump.  I am also headed towards a below standard rating for August, I am working my tail off to fix it, but the numbers don't move up very fast. I had a few late shipment times last year due to the flooding, which are dinging me really bad right now!

On the home front, I signed up on the FLYLADY site again. I used to do it when I was single and it helped alot. For those of you who don't know, it's a great declutter and cleaning plan. I love that she tells you everyday what to clean and what to declutter to get your house in order.  My hubby and kids are already noticing the difference and I didn't even tell them I was doing it. Once the house is in order, I plan to start the same system on my storage shed to help me get rid of some extra stuff.

I am still looking forward to having a whole week at home without anything extra to do. August and school starting is right around the corner, so hopefully we can get a better ebay schedule going then.

Baby girl had her 15 month check up yesterday and Dr. says she is doing great and right on target, what a relief from where we were at last time this year. She is running a fever today and is cranky from the shots, so I am signing off for now.  I hope to have a post about the I did sourcing while on our camping trip later in the week. I tell my family, I can source anywhere, and I think they are finally starting to believe it.








2 comments:

  1. Listing wise, I do the same thing- list it and forget it. Then, when things are slow, I tweak older listings. Congrats on all the sales! I had a great June, but July is off to a slow start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Flylady's books, but have yet to read them. I was just stressing over the kids rooms being so messy. My cousin has 4 girls and once a quarter she goes into their rooms and purges toys, clothes etc. I'm thinking I need to do the same. Just overwhelmed with the clutter in their rooms. They themselves can't get rid of anything. But I'm thinking I'm going to get a box and get rid of things from each room...put it away and see if they miss it. If they don't for a while, I will give it away. This will hopefully lessen the guilt. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...