Tuesday, July 22, 2014

USPS don't do this to me!

AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I just went out to put my packages from my sales last night in my box for the USPS to pick up.
Only to discover that they didn't pick up the packages from yesterday!
I called the Post Office, they said they didn't have a message that I needed a pick up.
even though I have an email confirmation from the USPS site.

That makes 6 dings to my shipping, seriouysly people, I can't take that many dings right now!

I am now going to call the USPS everyday to make sure they are coming to pick up, as even though I have shipped out packages almost everyday for the last 3 years, they won't just lift up the lid and check unless I have a pickup requested.

So frustrated that my livelihood is in the hands of other people!

I'm thinking of calling ebay again to see if I can get any other answers.  I have the confirmation email from the USPS, so maybe I could send that to ebay to prove I did it?

I know that God is in control and it will work out how He wants it to, no matter what I do, it's just so hard to let it go!






4 comments:

  1. With the new defect rate, I don't do pick-ups. My husband passes by the post office every morning on his way to work. He watches them scan each package and gets a receipt proving they've all been accepted. Not taking any chances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think as long as you printed the postage within your stated handling time you are OK. When the new rating go into effect, it will need USPS scans within your handling time. I'm pretty new at this so hopefully someone else will be able to confirm this for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call ebay. The PO will also occasionally fail to scan them in when they pick them up too. I wish they would go by when you print the label and attach the tracking number to my ebay rather than letting things we can't control rule our sales. Or just let it alone unless you have a proven track record/complaints of slow shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think since you printed your labels within your handling time, as long as USPS scans it at SOME point along line (to 'validate' your shipment), it doesn't count as a defect. At least that's how I understood it-I hope it's the case for you!!

    Here is the blurb from ebay:

    "Adding tracking information lets you and your buyer check an item delivery status at any time. You should add the tracking number within your stated handling time in the Sold section of My eBay. We consider tracking "validated" when tracking updates from the carrier - USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL - show that the package is in transit or has been delivered."

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...