Thursday, July 24, 2014

Update on Seller Status

So, I called ebay a few days ago again to see if I could do anything about my defect rate.
I actually was on hold less than 10 minutes and got the option to have them call me when there was a rep ready. It was only 15 minutes later and she called me back. She was very nice and said that I was doing a good job and there wasn't really anything she could see I needed to change. She also said that since I wasn't actually below standard yet, there wasn't anything that she could change ratings wise to help me out yet. She said I wouldn't lose my ebay account next month, so we'll see. But I was able to sleep that night, so it made me feel better.

In the meantime, I changed all of my shipping times to 2 days- I kept thinking I was going to get my TRS back and wanted to keep my listings ready for that. But I figured if I have the 2 day option it should cover me in the case of a USPS fail again.


When I checked in again today, my defect rate has now dropped to 5.10% and my overall shipping rate is 98%, and my trending data is back up to 89.9%, so hopefully things will continue on the upward trend and I will be at 5.00% or less by the time August 20th rolls around. I just hope and pray everyone is happy with their items for a while. If I can make it to October the flood issues should drop off and I should be okay again.


I am feeling better about making this work. My weekly profit for the last 3 weeks is pretty close to what I need to replace my school paycheck, when added with our rental house money and the money I make from doing books for my dad, which we had planned on from the beginning. My listing everyday is really paying off and I am having multiple sales everyday usually from 2-5, sometimes a little more. When you combine that with my etsy and amazon sales I do pretty well. I am really wanting to get to 1,000 listings in August, so I have doubled my daily listing amount from $300 to $600 a day not including etsy or Amazon or multiples of an item. I have listed almost 100 new items this week! I'm going to keep plugging away and hope that things continue on the upward trail.  Thanks for letting me freak out with you earlier in the week, it's so good to talk to people who understand!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are looking up and congrats on all that listing. That's great!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...