Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tip Tuesday # 3 test it yourself

Have you ever been to a garage sale and found a great electronic item, asked the seller if it works and they say yes?  But then get home and discover that it doesn't?

save yourself a lot of money and bring along some batteries with you.
I keep some AA's with my garage sale money and C's and D's in the car that I can get to if I need.

Sometimes I get some weird looks, but I get tired of wasting my money on things that don't work.

If it requires a plug, ask nicely if you can check and see. If the seller doesn't want to, I'd pass on purchasing it, unless you know that the parts sell well, or if the item is really cheap.

It will save you a lot of money in the long run!
How about you, do you trust the seller?


1 comment:

  1. Right on. I've been doing the same. My dad was just telling me about a dehydrater (for veggies, etc) that he bought for $5 at a flea market where the seller said it works perfectly, turned out not to work at all. But batteries wouldn't help with that..LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...