Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tip Tuesday # 2 get the family involved

I love my family, they rock!  Everyone chips in some way to help me make my dream of working from home a reality.
For example:
my 70 year old parents save me coupons, watch for /buy items I can resell when they are traveling and in different places, call me when they see a yard sale, thrift store sale, pick up craigslist finds for me ( I live about 45 minutes from the nearest "big" town and try to only go to town once a week, so if they are in town they pick things up for me)
my brother and sister in law- save me shipping supplies, my brother also lets me have my uline orders delivered with his workorders, so I don't have to pay shipping! (my dad and brother own the family business)
my husband- watches the kids on Saturday nights so I can list/pack, pushes the extra cart, puts boxes in our package box on his way to work, tells me about sales and auctions, helps carry heavy boxes when he is home, works very hard to support our family and my dream and gives me pep talks when I get down

my 5 yr old son- helps me carry light packages, puts amazon FBA labels on items, colors on my packing paper :), loves to garage/yard sale with me, tells me the name of characters of kids TV shows, remembers MOST of the time not to tell people I am going to sell my purchases on ebay!

1 yr old daughter- hands me supplies, carries things to the trash, reorganizes my boxes and shipping supplies (mostly by throwing them on the floor) and likes to add her own toys and any other random thing she finds to my FBA shipments :)

Everyone helped me over the 4th of July weekend by putting puzzles together to make sure that they have all of the pieces.

I have awesome friends who save items for me, give me coupons, items to sell, share their knowledge of fashion and expensive brand names, things of which I do not personally know about.  


I am very blessed to have a family who supports me, even if they don't always understand what I do or how I do it.

Do you have some one who helps you, in a little or big way?

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your 5 year old remembering "most of the time" to not mention that you are reselling items:) My year old daughter likes to ask VERY loudly, if this is a keep or a sell item! I'm new to EBay and Amazon so she hasn't quite got the hang of it yet:) But it's so nice that you have all of that support. I'm lucky in that way as well. My 9 year old son loves to go to garage sales with me every Sat am. and I rely on him to tell me the names of the Pokémon characters:) My Mom and sister will always pick things up for me too to resell. Now, I f I could only get my husband on board but he is growing ever worried about the storage issues associated with reselling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! How sweet that even your kids get in on the action. I do have people that help me. I have a couple of siblings and a friend that sometimes source for me and save boxes for me. They are all supportive of what I do too

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents have given me items to sell that have made a decent profit. My kiddos go garage saling with me, and my son in particular has developed an eye for finding really good stuff :) My husband takes all of my packages to the post office on his way to work. Other friends and family always let me know when they hear of a good garage/church/estate sale coming up. Another friend gets a lot of stuff shipped to her regularly and she gives me her empty boxes. They are all little things, but those little things add up, and I'm so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. most of my family helps in some way....even if its just moral support. I had to laugh when your daughter puts random stuff into the FBA shipments. My daughter did that too we lost a close to brand new $40 Wii remote....the woman on the receiving end thought it was trash and threw it away :D. All 3 of my kids love the FBA label stickers too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful that your family pitches in and helps you! My family does the same thing! Couldn't get it all done without their help! Unfortunately, not one of us likes the picture taking part!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...