Friday, December 20, 2013

Quarantined!

Feeling a little de ja vu here . . .
remember this post from last spring. right before the baby was born
http://grannyshoard.blogspot.com/2013/03/does-it-ever-end.html
Here I am again. I have influenza A. I had to leave work on Wednesday with orders from my Dr. that I was to stay home away from the public until December 23rd. Which means I missed the last 3 days of school, an inservice and my students Christmas party. It made me very sad!
I have had a stressful few weeks at work with my formal observation, the regular flu and not very much sleep. This is always what happens when I get too run down. I've hit my brick wall, so I'm going to take it easy, rest, and get things ready for Christmas at my house (especially since I can't leave it for a few more days!)

I am finally able to sit upright, but coughing still makes me see stars!

So far my hubby has gotten it also, my son started with a few symptoms, but so far hasn't had the full blown thing and finger crossed baby girl is doing fine so far with no symptoms. I am the first case in my county in someone who had gotten their flu shot, aren't I a lucky girl?

On the sales front, I had two awesome weeks on ebay and amazon and now sales have slowed down to a trickle. It's been hard to keep going with being sick, so I'm okay with it.  Every year I say that I need to get more listed sooner and this year is no different. So I am listing Christmas items right now, because that's what's in the house and ready to list. If they stay listed until Christmas next year, I'm okay with that.

So, now you know why I've been away from the blog for a while. I'll leave you with some recent sales:



paid $1.99, sold for bid of $45

paid $2, sold for $76 bid

Fisher Price Voice Warp Tape Player 
paid $4.99, sold in two days for $40

Ralph Lauren Numbered Polo Shirt 
pd. $4.99, sold in 3 days for BO of $40

I picked up these two Christmas under the tree trains at different garage sales last summer for $5 and $3 each. I wasn't able to test them when I purchased them, but figured I'd take a chance. When I got them out to list I discovered neither of them worked. So I listed them for sale as is, for parts and they both sold within a month, I didn't make a huge amount, but I was able to pay for them and still make a little profit, I'm good with that!


Ugly Christmas Cardigan with Christmas cats, paid $3.99, sold in 3 minutes for BO of $24

Hope Christmas Sales are living up to your expectations!








4 comments:

  1. Running into brick walls is no fun. Hope you and your family recover quickly. Oh, and nice sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! It is so awful being sick during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sales!

    I love eBay, but it is a job that never seems to end. I am also usually feeling like I need to get more done, sooner, and that I am never fully prepared for whatever is coming up around the corner.

    Hope you're feeling better soon! Merry Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice flips. I hope you're all feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...