Friday, August 30, 2013

Cut me some slack, will ya?

Ugh, I have been in open case, return, scanned but not delivered Hell for most of August. I have had more cases opened on me in ebay these past couple of weeks that I have the other 11 years I have been selling on Ebay!  Amazon wasn't fairing much better for me either. I was down to fair status after two negatives in a row. One may have been partially my fault, it was a book that I had listed as like new, from my very beginning days of listing and probably should have been listed as very good. Then I also had a product I sent in to FBA that when it was sent to the customer the box was empty. The customer has not returned the empty box yet, so Amazon will not look into my claim until they do, and will not change my feedback score of a 1 until then either.

My ebay problem have been coming mostly from USPS. I have had 8 items that have not been delivered, two were international, the rest were in the US. I am so annoyed when I fuffill my part of the deal, but then end up having to give a full refund because it says it's still in San Franciso, since June! or because it was never scanned and there is no tracking. I work so hard to get my packages out the next day, and it's very discouraging to have to refund because the item never gets there. There were also two cases where I contacted the person with a question before sending their item, to which they didn't reply. I refunded their money and then they were upset. Apparently, the ebay message system has been having some issues as well.

As of last night my Amazon account was back up to good, and knock on wood it's been a few days since someone has opened a case, so maybe things are back on track again. It's so scary when you are counting on that money to come in. In light of all of the people who got booted from Ebay last week, it's scary to think that if I am ever able to do this full time, what would happen if they closed me down!

How are things for you? Are your packages getting there?


4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain--Having the same Ebay problem down here in LA! Biggest problem is that the tracking is not scanned by the Post Office. (So what's the purpose of a tracking number?) I asked my post office about this since I have packages where the tracking is showing the package postage as electronically printed (by me) but never showing anything else. I was told that scanning at the individual post office was stopped because it took too much time and that the packages were being sent to the central LA sorting facility for scanning--and that the central facility machine often doesn't scan the packages either. So when does the tracking information show anything? When it finally arrives at its destination! I've had customers ask where there packages are, and I can't tell them anything because the tracking info is nonexistent! I recently refunded money to a customer for a book that was mailed over a month ago and still hasn't arrived. I decided not to make them wait any longer--especially since the nonexistent tracking info makes it look like I never mailed the package! And here's another good one--I mailed a package last month where the tracking info showed it as arriving in another city last year! (Apparently when they reuse old tracking numbers they sometimes don't delete the previous ones!) I now having to check all package tracking after I mail to see if I need to warn customers why their tracking info is not showing up because I can't trust the postal service to do its job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock on wood, but so far, all my packages are arriving. I did have an issue such as yours, though, when a customer left me a negative feedback because my description didn't match the actual product. I tend to cut and paste descriptions, rather than retype everything, so apparently I pasted wrongly in this case. I've apologized, refunded, and gently suggested that I would appreciate her removing the feedback. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had to issue a few refunds in the last week or so after not having any for a long time. One was a lotion that was liquified by our extreme heat in route to the buyer. Another was a kettle that had some damage on the interior that I missed. I'm usually very good about looking everything over carefully before I list, but this one slipped through. I didn't make either buyer return their items. I just issued them full refunds and apologized. They both seemed very understanding, so hopefully no negative feedback will result. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of weeks with this. Hopefully, huge fourth quarter sales will make up for all f it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. similar....but not as bad as it sounds. I turned on my vacation settings for the last 2 weeks (you know the note on the top of the page, the automated email, and i emailed everyone again on top of that)....well i still sold 10 items my first day of vacation. Can't wait to find out how many 1 star shipping feedback i get :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...