Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New Ebay Coupon Policy- What a bummer!

I was sad to get the email from ebay today concerning the restrictions on listing coupons.
Here is an excerpt:
  • Sellers can only sell up to a maximum of $100 value in coupons or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month, whichever limit is reached first. (The 25 coupons limit includes multiple coupons purchased from a multi-quantity listing.)
  • Coupons for "free" products—including coupons where the coupon holder buys some quantity of items at one price and gets some number of items for free, for example, "buy-get-one-free" offers, or offers for free shipping—may no longer be sold on eBay.
  • Starting September 1, 2013, listings for these coupons that don't comply with these policy changes will be removed. After September 1, listings in violation of this policy may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions of buying and selling privileges and a suspension of your account.
I've had good luck selling the formula check coupons that I've been getting in the mail. I don't personally sell over $25 a month, but I am a couponer and have a stockpile and I am sad that I can't get buy one get one free coupons anymore. I am all in favor of everybody getting good deals on stuff, but I am not one of those people who get stuff for free just to get stuff for free. I worried when all of those couponing shows went on TV, that manufactorer's might start changing things.  I think this also shows how you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket. If the majority of your sales depended on coupons you might be in trouble.

How about you, do you sell coupons? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a bummer! I have sold a few coupons on Ebay - not many. BUT I love buying coupons on Ebay. I steer away from totally free coupons (afraid of fakes) but I purchase many $ off coupons or B1G1 Free coupons or buy an item get another item free.
    Looks like the coupon people will be looking for a new place to sell. If anyone knows where they are going, let us all know!

    ReplyDelete

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...