Saturday, March 31, 2012

The way we were. . . .

Hello All,
just a quick little post while I am in the middle of working some more in my reselling storage shop.
Hubby helped me get some of the shelves set up and has cut some plywood for the backs, so they are no longer leaning and are ready to fill up with some $ making stuff.

I'm very slowly going thru the big to sell pile I sorted out as I was cleaning out the shop and trying to photograph and then list as I go. I know that its the slow way of doing things, but if I just put it all in boxes without taking photos of it first I don't think that I will ever get it listed. Hubby is a little frustrated with me becuase he thinks I should be done by now. However, the walls aren't ready for my room yet, so I figure I have some time. I'd rather get it organized first then have to try and organize later. As big as my sell pile is, I might not really need to go shopping or garage saling for the whole summer (that doesn't mean I won't though!)

Sorting and organizing has also been a slo process because there are a lot of items in here that have sentimental value. When I moved to Hubby's he had already lived here for several years and I was moving from a 3 bedroom house which I had all to myself, (for 10 years) to a 2 bedroom house. So, we ended up just putting all of my stuff in the shop and then I slowly moved my stuff into our house. It was an uphill battle, as hubby had a hard time letting go of some of his stuff to begin with.
It's been almost 7 years and now I feel more ready to get rid of some of my single girl stuff.  I've also been going through some of my granny and grandpy's as well as my other grandparents stuff and have been selling off some items I'm sure I won't ever use. I often get to be the dumping ground in my family, they want me to keep family momentos, but don't think about how hard it is for me to store them. So, I have been sneaking out a few things in the trash or selling them on the sly. I just can't keep everything! and I'm trying not to feel to guilty about it.

I got a message from ebay this week wishing me a happy 11th anniversary with them. It's hard for me to believe it's been that long.  So, I'll leave you with this. When I started out on ebay I was a single girl, and purchased a lot of items like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270947356802n  which I am now selling. Time to let go of the single girl days and use some of the money to save up for the future.

so, now you know how I got my ebay name. luvredford
(although I also do drive a red ford so it works either way)

Off to more listing, organizing and photographing for me.

What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm back......

Whoa Friends, has it been a long time! Hard to believe my last post was over 3 years ago- but here I am. A few things have changed- I am now...